rYou have understood, what makes the specificity and originality of Run My City it is a unique and unusual route that will take you off the beaten paths of Parisian running.
On Run My City, you will have:
- Architecture, to delight your calves but not only that...
- Culture, because it’s good to develop the body but you must also beef up your brain
- Art, be ready to be amazed!
- Unpredictable, because you love surprises
PLACES CROSSED DURING rUN MY CITY 2018
- The Jardin du Palais Royal: The Jardin du Palais Royal has been awarded the “Outstanding Garden” label and is a haven of peace and quiet in the middle of the palace. Built in 1663, this superb spot with its monumental stonework bears no traces of the revolutionary upheaval of the 18th century!
Today, contemporary art makes its presence felt in the main courtyard with Buren’s columns and two mobile fountains by Pol Bury (1985). A superb place to run through!
- Passage Jouffroy: Nothing can beat running through one of the French capital’s legendary covered passageways that takes you through to the Grands Boulevards! Passage Jouffroy embodies the technological progress of the 19th century and is a 140-metre-long jewel of glass and iron. You’ll be amazed by this uniquely charming and authentic shopping arcade that is a listed building.
Have you registered for the 15k route?
In addition to the places mentioned above, you'll have the privilege of running through some other exceptional spots:
- The Moulin Rouge: Beneath the Butte Montmartre, one of the most iconic venues in Paris! This cabaret hall was founded in 1889 by Joseph Oller and Charles Zidler, and is known the world over for its extravagant shows and for the French cancan, a frenzied dance by dancers in alluring costumes. You won’t forget this part of the run in a hurry!
- La Fondation Dosne-Thiers: This Foundation is located in the heart of an historic and romantic 19th-century quarter. It has an historic library with over 150,000 books and superb lounges with sophisticated decor. A real immersion in a period atmosphere!
- Morning Co-working: Want to become an astronaut, pastry chef or magician? Morning Trudaine is the ideal place to revive your childhood dreams. It is an abandoned school in the heart of the 9th arrondissement that has been renovated and turned into a co-working space.
Morning Trudaine makes you feel like setting off for school every morning and offers a unique workplace for its occupants and an unusual spot to run through for Run My City participants!
A few examples of entertainment present in 2017:
- Breakdance group
- Jazz band on roller-skates
- Brass band
- Graffiti artist
- Accordion player
- Pop gospel
- Wall of messages
- Photo call
Do not miss any of the surprises that we will reveal shortly, so join us on our Facebook page !